Author Topic: color coding  (Read 145 times)

bahmanpbamp

color coding
« on: January 30, 2019, 09:51:52 AM »
Dear OVITO experts,

I have a question about color coding... when we define an "End Value" in color coding panel, it considered all atom with a parameter value "equal and higher" than the end value?!

Actually, when I take histogram analysis...correlation between histogram result and color coding result is confusing.

Yours Sincerely,
Bahma

Constanze Kalcher

• Administrator
Re: color coding
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 01:54:14 PM »
Dear Bahma,

the start and end values in the Color coding modifier
http://www.ovito.org/manual/particles.modifiers.color_coding.html
control the value range for the linear mapping of input values to the [0,1] interval. More detailed, the values of the selected input property are first mapped and clamped to the unit interval [0,1] according to the Start value and End value parameters of the modifier. The normalized values are then mapped to a color using the selected color gradient map and finally assigned to the particles or bonds.

-Constanze

bahmanpbamp

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 05:38:18 PM »
Dear Constanze,

Thank you for your email. So, for exmaple if the min=0 and max=0.3 and we would like to only observe atomic property with value of 0.1 what should we do? Actually, I think that we should define min=0.1 and max=0.12(for example)! am I right?!

Yours Sincerely,
Bahman

Constanze Kalcher

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 05:47:09 PM »
Dear Bahman,
in that case I think it’s easier to use the Expression selection modifier in conjunction with the Assign color modifier. So first select all atoms with the desired atomic property value (or value range) and then give this selection a color of your choice.
Does that work for you?
-Constanze
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 05:54:15 PM by Constanze Kalcher »

bahmanpbamp

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 10:24:38 AM »
Dear Constanze,

Thank you very much for your support. it was very helpful actually.

Yours Sincerely,
Bahman