Author Topic: How to visualize bonds?  (Read 209 times)

yanchou

How to visualize bonds?
« on: March 11, 2018, 06:34:52 AM »
Dear all,

I want to visualize bonds between particals. However, it seems that the create bonds modifier can only create bonds using length criterion. So how can I create bonds as the configuration itself? Or is there a way to input bonding information to OVITO(like *.psf file for VMD)?

Thanks,
Young

Alexander Stukowski

• Administrator
Re: How to visualize bonds?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 12:09:21 PM »
Dear Young,

I'm not sure what exactly you mean with "create bonds as the configuration itself". Are you looking for a function to manually create bonds between selected particles within the program?

OVITO can read bonding information from LAMMPS data files and PDB files. The PSF format, however, is not supported yet.

Regards,
Alex

yanchou

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 02:05:28 PM »
Dear Young,

I'm not sure what exactly you mean with "create bonds as the configuration itself". Are you looking for a function to manually create bonds between selected particles within the program?

OVITO can read bonding information from LAMMPS data files and PDB files. The PSF format, however, is not supported yet.

Regards,
Alex

Hi Alex´╝î

Bonding information, that is exactly what I mean. Sorry I didn't know OVITO can read LAMMPS data files directly. Thanks for your information, the problem has been solved. I really like the convenience and cool style of OVITO.

Thanks!
Young

yanchou

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 01:58:23 PM »
Hi,
I want to go on with my question about visualize bonds. My question is how can display a certain type of bonds but not all of them? Or can I select some bonds and hide/delete them?
Thanks!

Alexander Stukowski

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 02:08:40 PM »
You cannot hide certain bonds in OVITO 2.9, but in OVITO 3.0 you can. In the current development version of the program, the Select Type and the Delete Selected modifier operate on bonds too.

yanchou

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 05:47:40 AM »
You cannot hide certain bonds in OVITO 2.9, but in OVITO 3.0 you can. In the current development version of the program, the Select Type and the Delete Selected modifier operate on bonds too.
That's very nice! Thanks